Place of Beginnings A Place of Beginnings Established in 1891, Itasca
is Minnesota’s oldest state park. Renowned for the Headwaters
of the Mississippi River, this 32,000 acre park offers a wide array
of opportunities to discover the beauty and history of our area.
Wonders to enjoy at the Park:
• Step across the Headwaters.
• Learn through the naturalist and exhibits at the Jacob V. Brower
Visitor Center, open year-round.
• Visit the new Mary Gibbs Visitor Center at the Headwaters.
• Wind through towering stands of red and white pine.
• Get a birds-eye-view from the historic 100' tall Aiton Heights
• Eat at historic Douglas Lodge.